High Head Flow-Mate
180, 190 Series
Effluent or dewatering submersible pump for septic tank, low pressure pipe (LPP) and enhanced flow STEP systems.
- Non-clogging vortex impeller design, bronze class 88-8-0-4 (180 series)
- Enclosed impeller design (model 191, 60 Hz only)
- Float-operated, submersible, 2-pole mechanical switch
- Durable, cast iron construction
- Cast iron switch case, base, motor and pump housing
- No sheet metal parts to rust or corrode
- Stainless steel screws, bolts, float rod, handle, guard, arm and seal assembly
- Oil-filled, hermetically-sealed, automatic reset thermal overload protection (1 Ph only)
- Maximum temperature for effluent or dewatering: 130 °F (54 °C), WD189 (60 Hz): 120 °F (49 °C)
- Variable level control systems available
- Neoprene square ring and gasket
- Stainless steel carbon and ceramic rotary shaft seal
- SAE 1117 carbon steel motor shaft (single seal only)
- Upper and lower ball bearing running in bath of oil
- All 180/4180 series pumps pass 3/4” (19 mm) spherical solids.
- Model 191 passes 5/8” (16 mm) spherical solids.
- On point: 14-3/4” (37.5 cm)
- Off point: 5-1/4” (12.7 cm)
- Major width: 12-3/4" (32.4 cm) (single seal pumps)
- Major height: 19-5/16" (49.1 cm) (single seal pumps)
- 1-1/2” NPT discharge with 2” or 3” flange available
- Model 191 not available with 3” flange
- Corrosion-resistant, powder coated epoxy finish
- Automatic units not recommended for use in effluent systems
Models 4185, 4186, 4188, 4189 Double Seal Pumps (60 Hz, non-automatic only):
- Protects motor from seal leaks
- Improved bearing lubrication
- Helps eliminate seal and bearing damage from dry runs
- 416 stainless steel motor shaft
- Major width: 12-3/4" (32.4 cm)
- Major height: 21-3/16" (53.8 cm)
Note: The sizing of effluent systems normally requires variable level float(s) controls and properly sized basins to achieve required pumping cycles or dosing timers with non-automatic pumps.
Note: No UL listing for 200/208 V, 1 Ph pumps, models 186 & 191, or double seal series. See charts for UL & CSA listings.
Reserve Powered Design.
For unusual conditions a reserve safety factor is engineered into the design of every Zoeller® pump.
- 60 Hz
- 1 - 2 HP
- 200 - 575 V
- 1 or 3 Ph
- 3450 RPM
- Permanent split capacitor or 3 Ph
- Class B/185 & 4185, Class F/186-191 & 4186-4189
- 3.3 - 20.5 Amps
- Automatic or nonautomatic
- AUTO ON/ OFF POINTS
- 15-3/4" (400 mm) / 5-1/4" (133 mm)
- DISCHARGE SIZE
- 1-1/2" NPT (optional 2" or 3" flange)
- SOLIDS HANDLING
- 180/4180: 3/4" (19 mm), 191: 5/8" (15 mm) spherical solids
- CORD LENGTH
- 20' (6 m) standard
- CORD TYPE
- UL listed, 3-wire neoprene cord and plug (1 Ph) or 4-wire cord with no plug (3 Ph)
- MAX HEAD
- 137' (42 m)
- MAX FLOW RATE
- 145 GPM (549 LPM)
- MAX OPERATING TEMP
- 130 °F (54 °C), (model WD189 120 °F [49 °C])
- Oil filled
- MOTOR PROTECTION
- Auto reset thermal overload (1 Ph)
- Cast iron
- MOTOR HOUSING
- Cast iron
- PUMP HOUSING
- Cast iron
- Cast iron
- UPPER BEARING
- Ball bearing
- LOWER BEARING
- Ball bearing
- MECHANICAL SEALS
- Carbon and ceramic
- IMPELLER TYPE
- Non-clogging vortex
- Stainless steel
- MOTOR SHAFT
- 1117 carbon steel or 416 stainless steel*
- Neoprene *Single seal models are built with a carbon steel motor shaft, and double seal models are built with a stainless steel motor shaft.
Model Comparison Charts
Dimensional Data Drawings
All installation of controls, protection devices and wiring should be done by a qualified licensed electrician. All electrical and safety codes should be followed including the most recent National Electric Code (NEC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
Model 185 should not be subjected to heads less than 30' (10 m) TDH.
No UL listing for 200 V, 1 Ph pumps, models 186 & 191, or double seal series.
- Integral float operated mechanical switch, no external control required.
- For automatic use single piggyback variable level float switch or double piggyback variable level float switch. Refer to FM0477.
- SeeFM1228 for correct model of simplex control panel.
- See FM0712 for correct model of duplex control panel.
- Variable level control switch 10-0743 used as a control activator, specify simplex (3) float or duplex (4) float system. Refer to FM0526.
- To select an appropriate basin, go to Basins.
* No Molded Plug (1) UL Listed unit available with 20 Amp Plug (2) CSA Approval without plug cap. (3) 20 Amp Outlet, P/N 10-0060 must be used.
Literature and Documents
- FM0659_Ea Catalog Sheet 180, 190 Series: 60Hz
- Catalog Sheet Model BL191: 60Hz
- Catalog Sheet Model K189: 60Hz
- Catalog Sheet Models BK189, BL189: 60Hz
- FM2786 Technical Data: High Head Flow-Mate, 185/4185, 186/4186, 188/4188, 189/4189, 191
- FM0447 Installation Instructions: 60 Hz 1-year Warranty
- FM0649 Parts List: 185 (D, E) 60 Hz
- FM0968 Parts List: 186 (D, E) 60 Hz
- FM2296 Parts List: 186 (H, I, J, F, G, BA) 60 Hz
- FM0650 Parts List: 188 (D, E) 60 Hz
- FM1589 Parts List: 188 (H, I, J, F, G, BA) 60 Hz
- FM0651 Parts List: 189 (D, E, XE, WD) 60 Hz
- FM0651_Ec Parts List: 189 (U, V, BL, BK) 50/60 Hz
- FM1590 Parts List: 189 (H, I, J, F, G, BA) 60 Hz
- FM1590_Ec Parts List: 189 (AK, K, Q) 50/60 Hz
- FM1412 Parts List: 191 (E) 60 Hz
- FM0530 Specifications Effluent/Sump Duplex: 60 Hz
- FM0531 Specifications Effluent Simplex: 60 Hz
- FM0269 Pump Performance Curves