Effluent or dewatering submersible pump for septic tank, low pressure pipe (LPP) and enhanced flow STEP systems.
- Durable, cast iron construction
- Model 140 features a non-clogging, engineered thermoplastic, vortex impeller design and passes 1/2" (13 mm) spherical solids.
- Model 145 features an engineered thermoplastic, single vane impeller design and passes 3/4" (19 mm) spherical solids.
- Oil-filled and hermetically-sealed, automatic reset thermal overload protection
- Available in both single and double shaft seal designs
- Carbon/ceramic mechanical shaft seals
- Stainless steel bolts and lifting handle
- Upper sleeve and lower ball bearing running in bath of oil
- 1-1/2" NPT vertical discharge
- Operates at 130° F (54° C) in effluent or dewatering applications
- BN and BE models include a variable level float switch and 1 ½” x 2” PVC adapter fitting
- Corrosion-resistant, powder coated epoxy finish
Consult Factory for Special Applications
- Electrical alternators for duplex systems are available and supplied with an alarm
- Mechanical alternators for duplex systems are available with or without alarms
- Control alarm systems are available for 1 Ph pumps used in simplex systems, see FM0732
- Variable level control switches are available for controlling 1 Ph systems
- Double piggyback, variable level float switches are available for variable level long cycle controls
- Sealed Qwik-Box available for outdoor installations, see FM1420
- Consult factory for applications over 130° F (54° C)
Note: The sizing of effluent systems normally requires variable level float(s) controls and properly sized basins to achieve required pumping cycles or dosing timers with non-automatic pumps.
Reserve Powered Design.
For unusual conditions a reserve safety factor is engineered into the design of every Zoeller® pump.
- 60 Hz
- 3/4 - 1 HP
- 115 or 230 V
- 1 Ph
- 3450 RPM
- Permanent split capacitor
- Class B
- 6.0 - 13.0 Amps
- Automatic or nonautomatic
- DISCHARGE SIZE
- 1-1/2" NPT
- SOLIDS HANDLING
- 1/2" (13 mm), 3/4" (19 mm) spherical solids
- CORD LENGTH
- 20' (6 m) standard
- CORD TYPE
- UL listed, neoprene cord with molded plug cap and ground wire
- MAX HEAD
- 50' (15.2 m) or 74' (22.6 m)
- MAX FLOW RATE
- 86 GPM (326 LPM) or 61 GPM (232 LPM)
- MAX OPERATING TEMP
- 130° F (54° C)
- Oil filled
- MOTOR PROTECTION
- Auto reset thermal overload
- Cast iron
- MOTOR HOUSING
- Cast iron
- PUMP HOUSING
- Cast iron
- Cast iron
- UPPER BEARING
- Sleeve bearing
- LOWER BEARING
- Ball bearing
- MECHANICAL SEALS
- Carbon and ceramic
- IMPELLER TYPE
- Single vane or non-clogging vortex
- Engineered thermoplastic
- Stainless steel
- MOTOR SHAFT
- JIS S45C steel
Model Comparison Charts
Dimensional Data Drawings
All installation of controls, protection devices and wiring should be done by a qualified licensed electrician. All electrical and safety codes should be followed including the most recent National Electric Code (NEC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).
- For automatic use single piggyback variable level float switch or double piggyback variable level float switch. Refer to FM0477.
- See FM1228 for correct model of simplex control panel.
- See FM0712 for correct model of duplex control panel.
- See Basins.
Optional Pump Stand P/N 10-2421
Literature and Documents
- FM1502 Catalog Sheet 140/4140: 60 Hz
- Catalog Sheet Model BL140: 60Hz
- FM1502_Ea Catalog Sheet 140 Series: 60Hz
- FM2783 Technical Data: Flow-mate, 140/4140, 145/4145
- FM0447 Installation Instructions: 60 Hz 1-Year Warranty
- FM1426 Parts List 140/4140/145/4145: 60 Hz
- FM0530 Specifications Effluent/Sump Duplex: 60 Hz
- FM0531 Specifications Effluent Simplex: 60 Hz