Piggyback Variable Level Float Switch
Converts a nonautomatic pump to an automatic pump.
- Simple installation
- Adjustable / variable level
- Standard 15’ (5 m) and 20’ (6 m) SJOW CPE cord with molded plug
- 10-0055 and 10-0065 – 10’ (3 m) cord standard
- Float constructed of durable PVC/polypropylene encasing variable level switch
- Standard normally open (NO) ‘pumps down’
- Optional normally closed available (NC) ‘pumps up’, consult factory
- Maximum operating temperature for 10-0748: 120°F (49°C), all other switches: 140°F (60°C)
- Float is omnidirectional (no ‘up’ side)
- Includes mounting clamp
- Designed for effluent, sewage and dewatering applications
- Variable level float switch, for use in 18” (46 cm) minimum diameter basins
- 10-0748, 25’ (8 m) cord standard, no molded plug, can be used as a control switch to operate an external magnetic or combination starter on 3 Ph pumps
- Vertical piggyback float switch, ideal for narrow diameter basins – 6½” (16.5 cm) maximum cycle range
- Use recommendation chart for switch selection
Note: All variable level float switches in this section are mechanically activated and do not contain mercury.
Remove plug if present and use with ‘Junction Box’ 10-0002 when field wiring is required.
MINIMUM BASIN SIZE 18" (46 cm)
MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE 120°F (49°C) (10-0748)
140°F (60°C) (all others)
Model Comparison Charts
Dimensional Data Drawings
All installation of controls, protection devices and wiring should be done by a qualified licensed electrician. All electrical and safety codes should be followed including the most recent National Electrical Code (NEC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).