Smart Pak Plus Residential Alternator
Allows you to install two automatic pumps up to 1/2 HP and alternate their use.
Provides extended pump life
- NEMA 1 enclosure for indoor use
- Special design allows use in humid areas (i.e. basement)
- True alternator allows each pump to be used equally, not timed
- Second pump will automatically operate if first pump should fail
- Separate power cord and circuit for high-water alarm
- Built-in alarm automatically sounds if one of the pumps should fail and calls for the second pump to run
- Alarm sounds and lights up when alarm switch is activated
- Indicator lights indicate power is on, which pump is operating and alarm status
- Easy installation: plug automatic pumps into appropriate receptacles on the alternator panel. Install the alarm float provided with the unit and plug in the Smart Pak Plus to a separate power supply. No special wiring required. Plug alarm cord into separate outlet on a different circuit.
- Part Number: 10-0804
- 2-year warranty
- Unpack unit and inspect for damage.
- Follow instructions included with each pump for proper pump installation. Test pump on and off cycle several times to ensure proper pump cycling.
- Mount unit on wall within reach of pump’s cord.
- Install alarm switch in pit on one of the discharge pipes. Set the alarm to sound above the on level of the pumps but below the inlet to the pit.
- Plug the alarm float switch cord and pump cords into appropriate places on the alternator panel.
- Plug the power cord into a properly grounded outlet.
- Plug alarm into a separate grounded outlet or a different branch circuit than the pump.
- Check system for proper operation as outlined below.
- The control unit will supply 115 VAC to pump 1 and the pump 1 lamp will illuminate. Power will remain supplied to pump 1 until the float switch turns on again. At this point, the control unit will switch power supply from pump 1 to pump 2. Power will remain supplied to pump 2 until the float switch turns off and then on again, at which time power will be switched back to pump 1. The control unit will continue to alternate between pumps 1 and 2, in this manner, until an alarm is detected.
Alarm Mode – Pump Running (This indicates that a pump may be in need of repair or the pump switches are dragging, realign):
- If a pump is running and the fluid level continues to rise, closing the alarm float switch, the unit will sound an alarm for 15 seconds and illuminate an alarm lamp. In addition, power will be switched from current energized pump to the other. The alarm lamp will remain illuminated until the alarm float switch turns off.
Alarm Mode – Pump Power Up:
- If an alarm condition exists when the controller is plugged in or after a power outage, the alarm buzzer will sound for 15 seconds or until the float signal is no longer detected. The controller activates a pump relay and waits 0.25 seconds and checks to verify the pump is drawing current. While the alarm float signal is detected, the unit will alternate pumps every 60 seconds until the alarm condition is eliminated. Once the alarm is cleared, the unit will revert to normal mode of operation.
WEIGHT 5 lbs (2.3 Kg)