Piggyback Variable Level Float Switch
Converts a nonautomatic pump to an automatic pump.
- Simple installation
- Adjustable / variable level
- Standard 15’ (5 m) and 20’ (6 m) SJOW CPE cord with molded plug
- 10-0055 and 10-0065 – 10’ (3 m) cord standard
- Float constructed of durable PVC/polypropylene encasing variable level switch
- Standard normally open (NO) ‘pumps down’
- Optional normally closed available (NC) ‘pumps up’, consult factory
- Maximum operating temperature for 10-0748: 120 °F (49 °C), all other switches: 140 °F (60 °C)
- Float is omnidirectional (no ‘up’ side)
- Includes mounting clamp
- Designed for effluent, sewage and dewatering applications
- Variable level float switch, for use in 18” (46 cm) minimum diameter basins
- 10-0748, 25’ (8 m) cord standard, no molded plug, can be used as a control switch to operate an external magnetic or combination starter on 3 Ph pumps
- Vertical piggyback float switch, ideal for narrow diameter basins – 6½” (16.5 cm) maximum cycle range
- Use recommendation chart for switch selection
All variable level float switches in this section are mechanically activated and do not contain mercury.
Remove plug if present and use with ‘Junction Box’ 10-0002 when field wiring is required.
MINIMUM BASIN SIZE 18" (46 cm)
MAXIMUM TEMPERATURE 120 °F (49 °C) (10-0748)
140 °F (60 °C) (all others)
All installation of controls, protection devices and wiring should be done by a qualified licensed electrician. All electrical and safety codes should be followed including the most recent National Electrical Code (NEC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA).