Control Panels for Explosion-Proof Pumps
Simplex and duplex with intrinsically-safe relays. Receive text, email & push notifications of alarms through Z Control®. See below.
These intrinsically-safe control panels are used on pump applications defined as hazardous duty locations. Lift stations in some regions fall under this classification. The intrinsically-safe panel, in conjunction with an explosion-proof pump, will provide a system that will not allow ignition of the explosive gases. The purpose of the control panel is to cycle a pump automatically. Each panel comes standard with pump run light(s), a high water audible and visual alarm, seal fail indicator(s), and a UL listing. All panels come standard with a NEMA 4X rating for indoor or outdoor use.
These panels MUST NOT be in the space classified as needing explosion-proof equipment. Special fittings that either prevent the passage of hot gases in the case of an explosion in a Class 1 area or the passage of a combustible dust, fibers or flyings in a Class 2 or 3 area (NEC 501-5 and 502-5) are required. A qualified electrician must install all electrical systems. National Electrical Code (NEC) articles 500 through 503 explain in detail the requirements for the installation of wiring or electrical equipment in hazardous locations. These articles, along with any other applicable regulations, local governing inspection authorities, insurance representatives and qualified engineering/technical assistance, should be your guides to the installation of wiring or electrical equipment in any hazardous or potentially hazardous locations.
Control panel features:
- Intrinsically-safe relays
- NEMA 4X enclosure
- Top-mounted alarm light
- Hands-off-auto toggle switch for each pump
- UL listed
- Alarm horn with silence switch
- Magnetic motor contractor
- Lockable latch
- Auxiliary dry contact/high water alarm
- Circuit breaker pump disconnect
- 3 or 4 variable float switch control operation (see FM0526)
- The use of off-the-shelf components provide for relatively easy field maintenance and repair
- Green pump run pilot light for each pump
- Seal fail indicator light(s)
- Thermal cutouts for 3 phase
- Duplex only – lead/lag alternating circuit
- Receive alarms through Z Control® Cloud! See FM3010.
- For additional information refer to FM1596 (simplex), FM0486 (duplex) or consult factory representative.
May not be exactly as illustrated.